Monday, 10 April 2017

SugarPea Designs April Release Day 1: Flowers for Mom

Hi everyone and welcome to the first day of the SugarPea Designs April 2017 release sweet peeks!

We hope you’ll join us over the next 5 days as we share Sweet Peeks for our NEWEST products, available to purchase in the SPD Store from this Friday, April 14th at 6PM EST.

Today we are kicking off the release with the beautiful Flowers for Mom stamp set and its coordinating die set, together with a couple of products that I had the pleasure of designing for this release - our brand new Sugar & Spice paper pad and some new words dies, SugarCut - Mom Words.



For my card, I cut out a navy scalloped rectangle and a white stitched rectangle using the previously-released SugarCut - Birthday Journal Card die set.  I layered the white rectangle onto the navy scalloped rectangle, and then mounted the panel to the centre of my card front (which I covered with a piece of pink patterned paper from the *NEW*  Sugar & Spice paper pad) using foam pads for dimension.  I then set to work creating the gorgeous flower arrangement. 

The SugarCut - Flowers for Mom die set includes a die that was designed to cut out the pitcher, floral arrangement and leaves in one go, so to ensure that my stamping lined up perfectly with the die cut, I stamped the pitcher on its own in grey ink, then lined up the die around it and cut it out.  I found it much easier to then line up the leaves and flowers with the die cut outline and stamped them in aqua and navy ink.  The Flowers for Mom stamp set includes two multi-step rose stamps, so I stamped them using 2 different pink inks, cut them out with the coordinating dies, and added them to the front of the arrangement.  The sentiment was stamped in navy ink from the same stamp set, and I die cut "Mum" from navy card using the *NEW* SugarCut - Mom Words die set.

Here are the products we are peeking today:

Sugar & Spice paper pad (designed by me)



SugarCut - Mom Words (designed by me)

And here are the other )previously-released) products that I used on today's card:





Please note
All new product release links will become active Friday, April 14th at 6pm EST when the release goes live!

If you'd like to WIN the Flowers for Mom stamp set, all you need to do is leave a comment on the SugarPea Designs blog and on the DT blogs listed there each day.  You have all week to comment, and winners during our April Product Release will be announced on Monday, April 17th.

Thanks for stopping by today! See you tomorrow for our next day of sneak peeks!

Hugs,

14 comments:

  1. This is a happy and cheerful card for mom! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty bouquet. Great sneak peek, excited to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and fresh! I love the pretty pink and grey colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. Love this lovely new set & papers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!!! Such a darling set!!! Love so much your stunning card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excited to see the rest of the release. Sugar pea is new to me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! Just love the vase!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet cards...love how the dies have different ways to say mother.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pink and navy combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x